FWTA receives federal and state funding for many of its expenditures and must adhere to the regulations set forth by the Department of Transportation (DOT), Federal Transit Administration (FTA) and the Texas Revised Code.
FWTA Procurement follows a competitive bidding process. Procurements that exceed $3,000 require at least two (2) competitive quotes or proposals.
Procurements greater than $50,000 in value, either as individual or total purchases (over a 12-month time period) are competitively bid through a formal Request for Proposal (RFP), Invitation for Bid (IFB) or Request for Quote (RFQ). Formal solicitations are posted and advertised on the web-site for 2 consecutive weeks and require Board approval for award.
What Are Our Business Needs?
- Rolling Stock (Vehicles)
- Parts, supplies, equipment and services to operate the vehicles and administrative offices
- Professional Services/Consulting
- Architectural & Engineering/Construction
Types of Commodities and Services:
- Administrative (Furniture, Office Equipment, Printing Services, Safety Supplies)
- Consultant Services (Architectural, Benefits, Computer Systems & Software, Engineering, Legal, Financial)
- Construction (Rail, Concerete, General, Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical)
- Maintenance Supplies (Abrasives, Adhesives, Batteries, Bus Stop Posts & Signs, Chemicals, Cleaning Materials)
- Bus Parts (Air Conditioning, Body Parts, Brake Components, Filters, Decals, Paint, Transmissions, Engines, Headlamps )